Storybook Favorites

 In my search through the storybook catalog, three storybooks particularly caught my eye. Those being "Stories from the Wizarding World", "Storybook: Hawaiian Mythology", and "The Children's Biblical Zoo". Below, I will elaborate on my interest and thoughts on the three storybooks. 


Stories from the Wizarding World

An incredible idea about a topic I am familiar with. I have seen all of the movies, but not read a book to this point. The topic, labels, front page, and pictures are attractive and relevant to the main theme. It is slightly offputting that the title "Stories from the Wizarding World" is on the home page but on the column on the left where the labels are, it is "Wizarding World Tales". Slight misuse of flow. There is no introduction, but anyone who knows Harry Potter does not need one. However, that may narrow the audience further than the title already does. I do enjoy the design. The backdrop images and titles for each page are attractive and easy to read. I like the font. It feels professional yet light and friendly. Navigation is fluid with the column on the left. Overall, I rate the topic, introduction, and design at an 8/10 due to the lack of an introduction, but everything else is great. 

Stories from the Wizarding World

Storybook: Hawaiian Mythology

This storybook is interesting to me because I have Hawaiian heritage. My dad was a fire dancer, and my grandma a hula dancer. While the first thing to attract me to this storybook was the title, the second thing was the 3 images on the home page. The introduction content is great. However, it claims to be giving background to the Hawaiian culture which it does a great job doing, but it does not feel like there is much introduction to the actual story. Briefly skimming the two story pages, the introduction does not feel much more relevant. However, I do enjoy the pictures on the story pages. The design is done well. It does not mesh with me as much as the Stories from the Wizarding World design, but the images each have a purpose and the navigation is easy. Overall, I rate the topic, introduction, and design at a 7/10 due to the questionable relevance of the introduction, and the introduction page's attractiveness. 

Storybook: Hawaiian Mythology

Beautiful picture of Hawaii. It captures the majesty of the landscape and the ocean. 



The Children's Biblical Zoo

I love almost everything about this storybook. I am a Christian, so the topic is interesting and important to me. The title sums the story up perfectly. The introduction is brilliant and gives me a clear idea of what each page is about and the idea of the entire story. Lastly, the design is just amazing. Considering the audience is children, the images on every page fit that audience well. However, a few of the images will not load for me, but that could be a user error. Even the flow of the paragraphs matches the theme. While I was reading the introduction, the voice in my head sounded like a voice reading to children. Navigation is also simple even though the placement is not ideal for me. Overall, considering the topic, introduction, and design. I rate this storybook at a 9/10 due to the pictures not loading (again, could be my error) and the placement of the navigation labels. This storybook was for a particular audience and it nailed it. Encourages and reminds me of how important picking a particular audience can be for effectiveness. 



Comments

Popular Posts