Time Strategies

 

Time management is something I have struggled with most of my life. I have always had several responsibilities and obligations, and it can be tough when my responsibilities and desire at the moment do not match up. For example, if it is a beautiful day and I want to go play soccer but I have an exam the next day, I would struggle between what I should do and what I want to do. 
For this class, my schedule for working Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays does work. I need to do better in organizing my other classwork to finish the puzzle of time management this semester. Also, so I am able to maintain my schedule for this class. Being an impatient active person, readings can be difficult for me. However, this is my last semester and I am motivated to finish out strong. 

Articles
I read 4 articles and they are linked below. I like each of these articles for different reasons. The first article, I like because it is organized, quick, simple, and short. It is a practical article and I agree and can see how each of the 11 ways relate to me. The most important of the 11 for me is to create and keep a schedule. I often fall into the category of thinking I do not need a schedule. That I know what I need to do and I will do it. However, that is often a lie I tell myself to be lazy or do what I want in the moment. Article two I like the idea of "eat-a-frog." Starting the day by doing something that I NEED to do so I get that boost of energy from feeling productive and accomplished. On days that I start work early, I notice that when I get off work I immediately feel energized. I attribute that in a similar way of feeling accomplished and empowered. The third article I like because I have never liked the excuse of being "too busy." It is a vague term that can be dishonest. Likewise, I still use the excuse sometimes and I want to break that mindset because I believe there is a more honest and loving option. Also, how the article is a reminder that a person is their own master of their schedule. The fourth article I loved because it actually inspired me to Google "best to-do list apps" and proceed to download one. A SMART goal is a topic I have heard several times throughout college that I agree with, and the article brings in science which is a field that greatly interests me. 
Article 1
Article 2
Article 3
Article 4
Overall, I found these articles useful and interesting. This semester, my four greatest time challenges will be coursework, my job, friends and family, and applying for full-time jobs. Establishing a balance between these 4 will be a challenge, but I am looking forward to what is to come. 

Comments

Popular Posts