Feedback Thoughts

Feedback is a tough pill to swallow, but it is one of the most vital aspects of growth as well as self-discovery. Feedback helps one discover the areas that they are strong in, as well as the areas in which one is weak in. For example, in my current job as a physical therapist assistant, I seek feedback for my leadership over patients. There are many things I do not notice because I am too focused on my patient, or the next exercise, or the bouncing between patients that is sometimes required. Third-party feedback helps me see things that I cannot easily notice, and it helps me know the areas where I may falter or need assistance. I value feedback because I value growth and further knowing myself. Constructive feedback has been my favorite type to receive, because I am told how to fix it. It also is the type of feedback that I feel most comfortable with. Self-feedback is difficult for me because I find it hard to get out of my own vision sometimes. However, self-feedback is a valuable tool when getting feedback from others is difficult. Informal feedback is another type that I like to give and receive. Informal feedback is the feedback that is almost instantaneous with the moment. It is quick and does not always require much thought. 

Article 1: Why rejection hurts so much — and what to do about it

Love this article. Not only can I relate to everything it is talking about, but I appreciate the examples that it gives in place of beating ourselves up. Especially, in the last paragraph where the author talks about social rejection. The example "when a first date doesn't return your texts, call your grandparents and remind yourself that your voice alone brings joy to others." That is so incredible, wholesome, and true. Rejection is painful, but it does not have to be a negative experience. Every person has the power to turn that rejection around to a lesson, an opportunity to build ourselves up, or an opportunity to find something else. Hopefully, something better. 

Article 2: Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt in Creative Work

Big fan of this article as well. My initial draw to it was the idea of self-doubt, which is something I struggle with, and knowing the structure of 7 specific ways. I like organization like that. Giving a number like that helps me focus and keep reading. These 7 ways are powerful, the author gives moments of personal experience as well as detailing each way well. This article address feedback in a broad way. It does not have a specific type of feedback it is referring to, but instead, it is about larger ideas of self-feedback and external feedback. Most of the steps focus on an individual person and the thoughts they have from stimuli. I like the pictures and videos that engage the audience. Overall, I love the article and a few takeaways I have from it are to understand I will never be perfect, do not compare myself to others, and to trust myself and keep going. 

Comments

Popular Posts