Reading Notes: Infancy Gospels Reading A


  • The Annunciation (Luke)
    • I like how the voices of Mary and the angel have distinct personalities. When I read in my head, I give them different voices so I like that there is a distinction in word usage and grammar. 
    • I do not like that there are no visuals. I am a visual person so it is tough for me to focus on dialogue with little scenery to place around them. 
  • The Nativity
    • I like the angel character. The angel plays the role of continuing the story and leading it to its next destination. More or less like a story guide. 
  • The Young Jesus
    • I like the emphasis on the name "JESUS" as to make note of His importance in the story. 
    • About halfway in the story, I like the introduction and description of Anna. Tells a good amount of who she is. 
      • However, there are several spelling errors in this paragraph that distract my focus 
    • Love the that a young Jesus was in the temple talking to doctors. A highly unconventional scene where children do not do that. Goes against the standard 
  • The Wise Men
    • The angel of the Lord speaking to Joseph in his dreams is a cool idea. 
    • I like the continuity of the name JESUS 
    • Having another name or nickname if you will, is a nice idea. 
      • Coming from Emmanual-God with us. 
    • I like the idea of a visual compass in the sky (the star)
    • The wise men characters are respectable and I appreciate their characters because they disobeyed what they were told, and did what they feel is right. 
    • I both like and dislike the scope of this story
      • I like that it is wide and broad, covering many years and places. However, at the same time, I wish there were more details and more background. Both work, but I lean towards wanting more context and events occurring 
  • Mary and Joseph
    • I like the use of an animal to represent/give a message 
    • This story sticks with the two main characters of Joseph and Mary, giving context to the events happening in their life. I like that we get a better understanding of how they are feeling personally. 
  • The Virgin Grown Big
    • Similarly, I like that Joseph is talking to himself and giving further context to how he is feeling and struggling. Expands his character and allows my empathy with him.
    • I like the dialogue at the end of this story. There are physical visual aspects that are along with the dialogue too. 
  • The Birth of Jesus
    • Nice visuals of the clouds, and the people around the table. Good descriptive words 
    • "How glorious a day is this, wherein mine eyes have seen this extraordinary sight!"
      • I like the phrasing of this sentence. The words "glorious" and "extraordinary" add extra feeling to it.
  • The Nativity
    • I like the visuals of the sun and the explanation that makes it feel like it is brighter than comprehendible. 
  • Miracles Along the Way
    • The introduction of the villain in this one is not the most dramatic introduction. However, there is a little context given of his powers/effects. The protagonist, child Jesus, has full-power over the enemy and it is surprising that a child can drive out demons 

Comments

Popular Posts