Week 2 Reading Overview


In this blog, I will be talking about what readings I am interested in doing this semester as well as what topics I am interested in. 
Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Infancy Gospels

Week 4: Jewish Fairy Tales

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Folklore of the Holy Land

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Philippines

Week 9: Jamaica 

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: British North America

Week 11: Great Plains

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Canterbury Tales

Week 13: Celtic Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Italian

Week 15: Jacobs

I would not say I know a whole lot about mythology. It is definitely a field that interests me, but I have not had many classes or reasons to learn about it. However, I have had some experience to Greek and Roman mythology through previous assignments in classes. Also, I have minimal knowledge of Egyptian and Norse mythology primarily from a video game I played as a child. Egyptian mythology I remember to be quite interesting so I am looking forward to weeks 5 and 6 very much. Mythological stories always seem interesting and fun to me because of the characters, unique landscapes and ideas, and creativity in storytelling. For that reason, I am looking forward to almost all of the readings! 

I chose this image because it represents a time period from which parts of mythology stem from. Also, because it looks similar to temples I have seen in Italy.


Comments

Popular Posts