Week 8 Reading and Writing

I chose this image as one of my favorites because the idea of Hawaii means something to me. My family has rich Hawaiian heritage through many of them moving from Hawaii to here. Also, my dad was a traditional fire-dancer and several of my other family members are hula dancers. The Hawaiian culture is one that values many things that I value like family. I aspire to represent my Hawaiian culture and it is something I cherish about my story. I have not been to Hawaii yet, but when I do, this image is a capture of the beauty I expect to see.

I have made some good progress. My early writings were less structured and did not have as clear of a style. I was figuring out how I wanted my blog to be like and the tone of voice that I wanted to portray. Since then, I have begun to iron out some of my errors and more recent blogs are cleaner and closer to my ideal style. However, my writing still can be improved in many ways. 

I am very happy with my blog and portfolio website! I did a theme change to my blog and I like it better. It seems more modern. I love the whole setup on my portfolio website. The pictures on each page are great and I like how it takes up the full page now. My first portfolio story was a bit rough. However, being my first story post without revisions I think it was decent, and I am quite happy with how it is now after two sets of revisions. I'm very excited about my most recent post Escape from Agartha. It was fun to come up with that story and I hope my inner excitement translates to a good story. 

To this point, I think my biggest accomplishment is writing two original stories. That is something so cool to think about. I look forward to updating those two stories and making them better, while also preparing myself for future writings. 


Comments

Popular Posts