Reading Notes: King Arthur Reading A


  • The Drawing of the Sword 
    • I love this story. I have always been interested in this story for its uniqueness and originality. I also love the idea of knights in armor. 
    • I like so many parts of this story. 
    • The first paragraph sets an urgency for a king to rule over the knights and provide protection and peace. Considering laws were being broken 
    • The idea of the sword being enchanted and can only be pulled out by someone worthy reminds me of Thor's hammer Mjolner. 
    • The structuring of the paragraphs creates a great and easy-to-read flow. 
    • I like the idea that there was going to be a tournament for the sword, but Arthur instead takes the sword out of the desire to help a family member. 
      • Also, interesting that there were no guards when Arthur pulled out the sword. 
    • I really like the character of knights and all the people in this story. Their loyalty is so strong and they are all honorable people. 
    • Interesting that this resulted in Sir Ector admitting that he is not Arthur's father and that the sword confirmed to Ector who Arthur's father was 
    • The character of Arthur is so respectable. He does not yearn for power, he takes it humbly and gently. It seems that Arthur's knows the responsibility is to serve the people 
  • The Questing Beast 
    • This story seems like a setup story for something to come. It expands the character of Arthur by talking about his conquering of kingdoms, listening to the wisdom of Merlin, and getting married. 
    • I do wish there was a story about him and Guenevere
      • Could be a story I write 
    • The rest of the story is mostly about Arthur's encounter with the knight who disobeys Arthur's statement of going after the beast. 
    • I like their banter, and it is interesting that the first story where all the knights greatly respect Arthur but this knight does not seem to as much

Comments

Popular Posts