Famous Last Words: Nearing the End of Undergrad

 


    This past week, I just did revisions so not much new storytelling of late. However, by this point in the semester, I have found places, methods, and environments where I write best. First, I write really well in a library. I love going to public libraries, specifically the Norman Central Public Library, and writing there for hours. All of the windows there allow for a lot of light as well as pleasing things to look at outside. It is also quiet there and there are plenty of places to sit for different moods and goals. The Bizzell library is good too, but as I have grown older I view that place as more for freshman and sophomores, and coffee shops and public libraries are more for upperclassmen. This is definitely not a fact, but it is just how my feelings have led me through the years right or wrong. Secondly, I turn my phone to "focus mode" which blocks all notifications except text messages and phone calls. This effectively blocks distractions of games and social media. It does not let me access anything besides text messages or calls unless I turn the mode off as well. Eliminating distractions has been key for my effectiveness, creativity, and productivity. Lastly, I occasionally listen to some epic movie soundtrack music or some orchestral music to get creative and inspirational juices flowing. There's nothing like listening to an epic movie soundtrack to get emotions flowing. 
    As graduation is coming near, I strive to finish this class and all of my classes with my best effort and striving for all A's. Currently, I am on that path, and I just need to continue working hard to close out my time as an undergraduate student. It is not easy, many of my emotions and feelings want to be lazy and just coast these last two weeks. However, I would be proud of myself to finish strong and with my best academic performance so that is what I will do. Onward and Upward 👍💗😃


Comments

Popular Posts